maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 16 is now in the Release Candidate Phase
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2021 11:18:08 GMT
Hi Rory,

we're seeing some projects failing due to JDK16 + Linux[1], and I think they all have a similar
issue.
The error looks like this:
Unable to make public java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(char[],int,int)
accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @fb4e68d

Most likely it is related to Groovy too.
Java version: 16-ea, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /usr/local/asfpackages/java/openjdk-16-ea+30

If you have a hint, let me know, otherwise we need to investigate this more.

thanks,
Robert
[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/job/master/site/dist-tool-master-jobs.html