maven-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: JDK installations on Jenkins nodes
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:31:19 GMT
FYI from builds@apache.org

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Da: Chris Thistlethwaite <christ@apache.org>
Date: lun 29 lug 2019 alle ore 16:21
Subject: JDK installations on Jenkins nodes
To: <builds@apache.org>

Greetings!

I'm going to be trimming the available JDK versions on the Jenkins
nodes, both Linux and Windows, to better line up with what Infra is
going to support. The "latest" symlink will stick around and will point
to the latest build of whatever is currently the latest build of JDK.
We're trying to cut down on the amount of different JDK builds of the
same release, for example JDK 1.8_92, 121, 144, 152, when all we really
want is build 152. We will also not be adding any older, unsupported
builds of JDK unless there is a critical security update. So JDK1.7.0_79
will be latest7 for the foreseeable future.

Please review
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/JDK+Installation+Matrix
for the changes, they are highlighted in yellow. Nothing should change
for you if you're using one of the "latest" symlinks, this really only
changes builds targeted at a specific JDK.

Thank you,
Chris T.
#asfinfra