maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: 3 ITs permanently fail on Linux / Maven Core
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 05:39:49 GMT
I found the root cause of failing IT on some Linux nodes!!!

activating debug mode for mvn shell script, we get:
+ [ -f /home/jenkins/.mavenrc ]
+ . /home/jenkins/.mavenrc
+ MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

there is a .mavenrc script on some Linux nodes that overrides MAVEN_OPTS instead of appending:
I did not yet report to INFRA, need to check if this variable is defined with Puppet and provide
a PR

FYI, core ITs log files have finally always been accessible: just need to look inside org\apache\maven\its\core-it-suite\2.1-SNAPSHOT\core-it-suite-2.1-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
artifact

This debugging session has been hard, but I'm happy to say that it is now under control: no
more wild guesses about strange root causes, but pure simple logic.

Regards,

Hervé