maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move Maven 3.6.2 to 3.7.0
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2019 16:29:32 GMT
What I would to be able to answer is: what's so special in Maven 3.7.0?

It is also about having a good (marketing) story or being able to show new
functionality.

Looking at the release notes[1] I see a long list, but for the end user I
don't see this real special new set of features that makes it worth 3.7.0
There are some performance and memory usage improvements, but for the
average user I wonder if they will notice it.

The plans we have for 3.7.0 are of a different category and do deserve
this bump, but for this I'd prefer to keep it 3.6.2

my 2 cents,
Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234