maven-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Lilja <mindcoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposal for maven-archetype to switch to dom4j 2.1.1 (and Java 8)
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 17:47:18 GMT
+1, people on old versions of Java can remain on the old version of the
plugin. No one who is in a project where an old version of Java is still in
use (< 8) expect to have everything else in their eco-system (3PPs, maven
plugins etc) at bleeding edge versions. I guess many such projects are many
versions behind on even supported releases...particularly regarding Maven
plugins.

- Eric L