maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone had an error on Eclipse IDE after upgrade maven-jar-plugin to 3.1.2?
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 22:07:19 GMT
 Hi Cristiano,

I guess your architect who designed your company parent POM made everying
honestly right.
But we can prove or avoid the error on the tool if we simply add something,
then make a comparison test and we exclude added things which could not
change the outcome.

Open the project in another tool, like Intellij IDEA or NetBeans and do
whta you expected in Ecplise, e.g. building the project.
If the project is built correctly, then it means Eclipse is not compliant
with the project.
If it would not work with IDEA nor NetBeans then maybe the architect did
not check the IDE tools even if he used commandline of Maven.

The IntelliJ IDEA is usually very smart and understands configuration
parameters of Maven plugins, as well as repository settings and other Maven
specifics.
The best is to use default path in Maven local repo with these new tools
especially if their are new for you.

Here in Maven OSS I also use IDEA and I am able to find issues nobody saw
before (using the Eclipse). These do not seem to be visible in Eclipse. You
know JetBrains improves the code analysis in every next version, so I
recommend this tool to every company and developer.
Pls try and exclude it if there is no positive influence.

Cheers
Tibor17