maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mickael Istria <mist...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Anyone had an error on Eclipse IDE after upgrade maven-jar-plugin to 3.1.2?
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 16:14:23 GMT
It's also interesting to see how much m2e cases and community has
contributed to improve Maven compared to other IDEs.
Then seeing such negative comments towards them, which are more about
opinion than technical facts, seems really not encouraging to contribute
more to Maven. Imagine if on the Eclipse lists we were just telling users
who have questuon about Maven that they should use Gradle because Maven
sucks, how much would you enjoy it? How useful would that be?
It's the 2nd time in a short time-frame I find your comments discouraging,
dismotivating and irritating. If I were not.committed in improving Maven
for some other reasons, that kind of negativity in the community would make
me give up contributing. You should probably spend time learning the value
of a community and how to improve it instead of bugging it, that would be
very profitable to Maven project.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE <https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/>