maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <tony.ho...@intel.com>
Subject Re: proposal for maven-archetype to switch to dom4j 2.1.1 (and Java 8)
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:27:13 GMT
Tibor completed the work of removing dom4j library and reverted the change that moves maven-archetype
to Java 8 [1].
This change mitigates the vulnerability to CVE-2018-1000632 while retaining Java 7 compatibility.
In the JIRA I asked about when this can be released and Tibor suggested that I ask the ML.
It seemed best to keep the discussion in the original thread for context, although the subject
is no longer accurate!

Can maven-archetype 3.1.1 be released ASAP so that this fix is made public?
My interest (as described earlier in this thread) is to get the CVE mitigation into m2e so
that I can stop using a fork in my eclipse product, but it is worthwhile for anyone who has
a company policy that is aggressive about CVEs.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARCHETYPE-568

Thanks!
Tony Homer

´╗┐On 6/5/19 , 5:52 AM, "Tibor Digana" <tibordigana@apache.org> wrote:

    I am working on a removal of dom4j library and use of Java XML API.
    Sytwester, connect to the Slack pls.