maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New release of ant-maven-plugin
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2019 09:50:34 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

be careful with your naming, because my first response would have been
'no'.

You're talking about ant-maven-plugin, whereas we maintain 2 related
plugins: maven-ant-plugin and maven-antrun-plugin.

The first one can generate Ant scripts based on a Maven project. This
project hasn't been touched for quite some time and it probably doesn't
make sense to maintain this plugin any longer.

The latter on the other hand does make sense, however in general it is a
sign that you're doing a task that should be transformed to a dedicated
Maven plugin.

So all we need is somebody to step up as the release manager.
Might be a good project for a Maven committer who has never done a release
before.

Robert