maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mickael Istria <mist...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Summary of meeting about Maven performance improvements
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 00:01:41 GMT
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:20 PM Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It has a typical long build time, but not a very complicated setup
> (e.g. the depth of nested projects is about 3 max)

I think Maven should aim (and generate dummy projects for
testing/benchmarking) for even more complex projects. Apache Camel for
example has a majority of modules with depth being 7 IIRC. The depth is the
cause of many performance issues (some of them got fixed in 3.6.1), depth
is one of the main criteria that should be taken into account in a
performance improvement plan.