maven-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots of core Maven plugins
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2019 22:22:29 GMT
Il dom 21 apr 2019, 18:01 Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> ha scritto:

> is someone working on it?
> the code is here: https://github.com/apache/maven-jenkins-lib
> PRs welcome
>
> The deploy has to happen only from master branch, once the build and ITs
> run
> on every platform and JDK is ok
> Then the strategy to choose which build (platform and JDK) has to be
> deployed
> will have to be chosen: I advise to start with whichever implementation
> makes
> the implementor happy before we start the discussion on choosing the
> definitive strategy we'll choose as a whole...

Currently I would build and deploy with jdk11 (assuming that it is
producing better bytecode then older versions).
OS should not be a problem (but I would stay on linux).
The only risk is that as we are not using 'release' flag for javac we could
produce code not 100% compatible with every supported version.

Just my 2 cents
Enrico