maven-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Philipp <m...@gradle.com>
Subject Snapshots of core Maven plugins
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:58:23 GMT
Hi all,

based on a discussion with Enrico Olivelli on Slack [1], I’d like to bring up the topic
of automated publishing of snapshots of core Maven plugins.

Currently, some plugins have snapshots in the ASF’s snapshot repo [2] and others (such as
the maven-checkstyle-plugin) don’t have any. The ones that are published are often outdated
and do not contain the latest changes.

I work for Gradle and we’re developing a Maven extension that we’d like to test against
the latest snapshots of Maven and all supported plugins. I think having snapshots published
automatically with every commit to the development branch would be generally useful for developers
who would like to try out the latest version to provide feedback etc.

So, first of all, I’d like to discuss with you if you think publishing snapshots automatically
would be useful. If so, I’d be happy to contribute although I expect the changes would mostly
have to be made in Jenkins.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://the-asf.slack.com/archives/C7Q9JB404/p1555263260044100