maven-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2019 14:49:14 GMT
You need to talk to Oracle about this. They do not upload the artifacts and the license does
not allow it.

There is btw a WebLogic Repository at Oracle which does contain the driver (under a rather
strange coordinate).

Since you must run your own Repository anyway to have reliable and repeatable builds you would
normally just upload the driver there.

Gruss
Bernd

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

________________________________
Von: Paul Hammant <paul@hammant.org>
Gesendet: Samstag, März 16, 2019 3:20 PM
An: Maven Developers List
Betreff: Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Does 'central' need to be immutable though? Feels like an arbitrary policy
to me. Or should there be workflows to remove items from there, and replace
with a 302? While that could be to repos elswhere, they could also be to
HTML pages with mvn.exe handling that and communicating that clearly in the
build log.

Some ten years ago a mal-configured WebSense at an airline was flling a
corporate Maven cache jars and poms suffixes that were actually HTML error
pages. Maven choked silently then and I'm not sure it has ever been fixed.
In a quick test now, if I do "ls > ~/.m2/repository/foo/bar/baz.pom" (and
jar), the build fails with a proximate cause message. The jars and poms are
not checked again for correctness once in the cache. Anyway the jar/pom
ingesting side of Maven could easily handle deprecation, obsolesence and
outright deletion better than it does.