maven-dev mailing list archives

From Elliotte Rusty Harold <elh...@ibiblio.org>
Subject Maven enforcer rules with access to current project
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 15:42:47 GMT
Yesterday one of our developers uncovered a major architectural flaw
in one of our projects. Before we back up and do something different I
want to make sure our current thoughts are accurate.

As best we can tell it seems that Maven enforcer rules cannot read the
code from the current project (the one whose pom.xml includes the
enforcer rule) because enforcer rules execute in the validation phase
before the project is compiled.

Is this accurate or is there some way we could execute the enforcer
rule in the verify phase instead? Or somehow have access to the
current compiled source code from the validate phase?

If not, we're probably going to have to rewrite our enforcer rule as
an independent maven plugin.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org