maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUREFIRE] maven-metadata.xml does not point to latest snapshot
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 12:26:52 GMT
Hello,

Am Di., 12. Feb. 2019 um 08:39 Uhr schrieb Benedikt Ritter <
britter@apache.org>:

> Hello,
>
> Am Mo., 11. Feb. 2019 um 18:39 Uhr schrieb Enrico Olivelli <
> eolivelli@gmail.com>:
>
>> In maven coordinates 3.0.0 is different from 3.0.0-M4 (you already knew),
>> so they can coexist.
>>

> Yes, but the question is, what is latest available snapshot? The
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT has been deployed sometime last June.
>

>> How are you referring to surefire in your project?
>>

> We have some end to end tests that determine the latest snapshots of some
> plugins so we can run tests against them. We do this by analyzing the
> maven-metadata.xml so we don't have to hard code all the versions.
>

>> Btw I will check and try to deploy current master
>>

> I checked, it didn't help. Maybe the master branch should have
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT as version and only be updated to a milestone version for a
> milestone release.

the problem is still present. I suspect maven can not deal with milestone
snapshot version. My suggestion is to change the version on the master
branch to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and create milestone releases without having an
explicit milestone snapshot first. This would fix the metadata in that the
latest version would again be the latest deployment from the master branch.

Regards,
Benedikt