maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Goldberg <ross.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven version order spec weirdness
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 22:12:57 GMT
Sorry, I didn’t mean that the spec explicitly states an example that:

1-0-2 = 1-2 > 1-1

I meant that the algorithm described in the spec results in that outcome.
ComparableVersion correctly outputs that for the comparison between 1-0-2 &
1-1.

Both my original & my revised proposed change to the spec would result in:

1-0-2 = 1-0-2 < 1-1

Which I think makes more sense.

My original proposal would have resulted in:

1-0-rc = 1-0-rc

But my revised proposal results in:

1-0-rc = 1-rc

Which accords with the existing spec, so my revised proposal improves upon
my original proposal.

Throughout this email, the syntax for = is:

original = canonical