maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] First call for 3.5.4 release
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 11:35:47 GMT
As Hervé has merged the JAnsi fix, we are now unblocked for cutting 3.5.4

I will give 72h for anyone to surface any issues they wish to claim should
be included in 3.5.4 and have not already been merged.

As the person stepping up to be release manager* for 3.5.4, I get to decide
if:

* your claim is valid and I will wait for your changes; or whether
* I will go ahead without your changes.

After all blocking changes are merged I will start shake-down to ensure the
build is releasable. This may result in reverts of changes that are not
fully baked or it may mean that we surface a new blocking issue that we
need to wait for.

Once we are ready for a release... we go!

Fun!

-Stephen

* Release manager is a volunteer roll, I am release manager for this
release only because I am stepping forward to take up the roll and I think
we need a release... if you want to be a release manager, all you need to
do is find some stuff you think needs releasing and give everyone 72h
notice that you intend to release. If you get objections or concerns raised
within those 72h, then you must take those on board as the primary concern
is to maintain a healthy community.

Cutting a release, however, is somewhat different from commits and other
regular decision processes in that the release manager has some scope for
autonomy with respect to exactly which commits go into the release (subject
to getting the vote to pass) and (assuming the vote passes) whether to
actually ship the release.