maven-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Maven Doxia and minimum Java versions
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 09:07:39 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to clarify what the policy is on maven-doxia and the maven project in general,
and minimum java versions.

With the XHTML5 work on Doxia, I have managed to keep all changes without a requirement to
upgrade any dependencies, until I got to maven-doxia-sitetools and httpunit, which doesn’t
understand any HTML5 tags. My current workaround is to simply test that HTML5 tags are present,
but ignore their type, and this seems good enough for now - no httpunit upgrade needed.

Upgrading httpunit to a version that supports HTML5 and doesn’t suffer from bug https://sourceforge.net/p/htmlunit/bugs/1961/
means a minimum java version of v1.8.

What is the policy on java versions in maven-doxia? Is it intentionally kept behind the curve
so old code can be built, or is it acceptable to make java 1.8 a minimum version?

Regards,
Graham
—