maven-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [maven-scm-api] Looking to perform svn remote move
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 20:36:20 GMT

> On May 18, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Am 2018-05-17 um 15:12 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> > Hello maven guys,
> >
> > Over on commons we’ve been writing our own release-plugin
>
> What is wrong with the current Maven Release Plugin and why are you writing your own
whereas we could improve the current one, can't we?

We are trying to fit the Apache release paradigm where we are dealing with assemblies that
we don’t want to deliver to Nexus. Further we are publishing the site up to our dev dist
area for comparison with RC validation. We could contribute it back to the release plugin,
but I’m not sure if it’s sufficiently general. Thoughts?

-Rob