maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Raynsford <org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com>
Subject Using Maven's configured proxy in a plugin?
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 17:04:07 GMT
I have a plugin that uses URL.openStream to load external content:

  https://github.com/io7m/minisite/blob/develop/com.io7m.minisite.maven_plugin/src/main/java/com/io7m/minisite/maven_plugin/MinSiteMojo.java#L362

It seems that although the Maven instance is configured to use a proxy
in .m2/settings.xml, the plugin doesn't know about this proxy setting
and tries to connect directly. This obviously doesn't work in the
typical corporate firewall setting. Maven itself uses the proxy
correctly; it downloads artifacts through the proxy as expected.

Is there a way to get access to a Proxy instance configured from
Maven's settings that I can use in the plugin?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com