maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT CHANGE] building and publishing our website from Jenkins and Git instead of CMS
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 08:37:03 GMT
Le vendredi 11 mai 2018, 01:45:29 CEST Stephen Connolly a écrit :
> On Thu 10 May 2018 at 23:51, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 10 mai 2018, 10:52:01 CEST Stephen Connolly a écrit :
> >
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-site
> > /j>
> > > ob/master/1/console looks good. @Hervé can you delete
> > > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-site/ if you are
> > > happy with it?
> >
> > great job, even with multi-branch: I'll copy the Jenkinsfile to Doxia site
> >
> > How can we consult the local site build result? I don't see on master:
> > would
> > something appear in a branch?
>
> Ok I am having a hard time parsing that request. Could you try to rephrase?
:)

The setup that does site-deploy on master branch and only site on other
branches would be ideal for the deploy (to repository manager) vs verify of a
component.

For a component, just getting the build status of verify is what we expect,
just to check that we don't have any regression on ITs.

For a site, getting just the build status is not really useful: if I do a
branch to test something, I don't really expect the build to fail, what I want
is to see the built site to really know if what I'm doing is good.
With handmade job, I can see the site (without it being published outside):
like https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-site/site/

How can I see the site built by a Jenkinsfile in maven-box?

Regards,

Hervé

> > > On 10 May 2018 at 09:37, Stephen Connolly <
> >
> > stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>

> > job[2] on

> > site[3]

> > manually

> > job

> > committing

> > available

> > for

> > I don't know Jenkins sufficiently to know if Git pubsub is really a
> > separate
> > feature from Apache Hosted Git plugin: glad to see it works for any type
> > of
> > job

> > Maven

> > ones: