maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT CHANGE] building and publishing our website from Jenkins and Git instead of CMS
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 17:40:54 GMT
Hi,

This means if you do a commit in the gitbox repository[1] the job[2] on
our build server will start and deploy directly to production site[3]
without the need to public via cms[4].

Great work...

BTW: @Hervé can you explain what is meant to write the Jenkinsfile to
make a mvn site-deploy ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-site.git
[2]: https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-site/
[3]: https://maven.apache.org/
[4]: https://cms.apache.org/maven/

On 30/04/18 22:49, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> sites sources migration to Git at GitBox done: now you can edit Maven and Doxia sites
directly from GitHub through the edit link

> The site build and publish Jenkins jobs are still the previous ones: if someone creates
a Jenkinsfile, we'll have immediate build in maven-box job.

> Next step will be the move of components svnpubsub location from infra location [1] to
ASF [2]
> this will require a change in distributionManagement/site/url in a new parent POM and
every child POMs: if you intend to do a release, please tell and we'll check what to do

> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/components/
> + https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven-doxia/components/
>
> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/website/components/
> + https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/website/components/
>

> Le dimanche 15 avril 2018, 15:25:47 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>> Jira issue for source migration to Git opened:
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>
>> Le dimanche 15 avril 2018, 01:23:06 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>>> here it is, now Maven site and Doxia sub-site are published by Jenkins
>>>
>>> CMS is not used any more
>>> We'll just need to move components reference documentation out of the CMS
>>> svn space: I'll do it later with infra
>>>
>>> now, I'll work on GitBox migration
>>>
>>> If someone can write a Jenkinsfile, this would be great: the job has to be
>>> tied to websites1 node, and the command is simply "mvn site-deploy"
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hervé

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579
Hauptstrasse 177
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de