maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build vs Consumer POM study
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 08:10:20 GMT
The more I think about this, the more I believe we should approach this a
little bit different.

There are discussions which parts should be part and which shouldn't. But
is this up to us/Maven?
How about removing those bits that are useless, i.e build and reporting
and I tend to agree on distributionmanagement. These are all instructions
specifically for building, reporting and its distribution and does not add
value once deployed.
If there are additional elements that users want to remove, they can
decide to use the flatten-maven-plugin.

There is another proposal, the pdt-  or project dependency trees-file[1],
which will the ultimate and optimized consumer-file.

I also have demands about the implementation, but I'll put that in a
separate mail. It requires a detailed story and maybe some drawings to
fully understyand it.

thanks,
Robert

[1]