maven-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Maven 3.5.3 Released
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:37:22 GMT
What is the project about? Why should I be interested in it?
[rhetorical questions]

The Announce emails are sent to people not on the developer or user lists.
Most will have no idea what the project is about.

So the e-mails should contain at least brief details of what the
product does, and some info on why the new release might be of
interest to them.

Readers should not have to click a link to find out the basic information
(although of course it is useful to have such links for further detail).

(In this case there are no URLs ...)

Please can you add that information to future announce mails?

Thanks.

On 8 March 2018 at 12:31, Stephen Connolly <stephenc@apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
> Maven 3.5.2
>
> You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page

URL?