maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins Build Question
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:33:57 GMT
On Sun 18 Mar 2018 at 11:24, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> On 18/03/18 12:19, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> > Hi
> > Just migrated to gitbox so considered as a new job/project here?
>
> Yes I know but I observed that on other repos as well which are already
> migrated..nevertheless need to continue to observe this...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
> >

> > On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 at 21:03, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> currently observing things like[1] this in console output:
> >>
> >> Branch indexing
> >> Obtained Jenkinsfile from 5e073791f9bb06cae1ed6513c8a5bde24844cf73
> >> Running in Durability level: MAX_SURVIVABILITY
> >> Attempting to resolve master from remote references...
> >>    > git --version # timeout=10
> >>    > git ls-remote -h -t
> >> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-jenkins-env.git # timeout=10
> >> Found match: refs/heads/master revision
> >> 7e5a8d991ba0cfb20727aa995304672a34b631bb
> >> Cloning the remote Git repository
> >> Cloning with configured refspecs honoured and without tags
> >> Cloning repository
> >> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-jenkins-env.git
> >>    > git init
> >>

> /x1/jenkins/jenkins-home/jobs/maven-box/jobs/maven-surefire/branches/master/workspace@libs
> >> /jenkins-env
> >> # timeout=10
> >> Fetching upstream changes from
> >> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-jenkins-env.git
> >>    > git --version # timeout=
> >>

> >> which gives me the impression that a build is triggered by a branch
> >> indexing...
> >>
> >> I would have expected that this should not trigger a build ?
> >>
> >> Am I wrong?

Branch indexing should trigger a build of any valid branch that has a
revision different from the last build.

Branch indexing is the fall back to handle cases where events were lost.

I recommend running a branch indexing once every 24h (but anything between
8h and 72h is probably reasonable... organisation folders hardcode child
multibranch to 24h currently though)

So if the branch was never built in the multibranch... or if an event was
lost, then it is expected for indexing to kick in and build the branch

HTH