maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Build vs Consumer POM study
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 06:44:01 GMT
Le mercredi 14 mars 2018, 01:37:38 CET Laird Nelson a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 5:34 PM Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:
> > I don't see any issues with content provided:
> > org.springframework.boot:spring-
> > boot-dependencies has a "pom" packaging, then would be deployed directly
> > as
> > build POM, containing dependencyManagement
>
> I'm not sure, but I think the question is: when you use this Spring Boot
> pom.xml not just in import scope (as a BOM) but in compile scope as well
> (so you "use" its transitive dependencies in compile scope), are its
> dependencies present in your project's consumer pom.xml under this proposal?
the answer has 2 parts:
1. no, what is flattened is parent configuration, not transitive dependencies
2. AFAIK, using these coordinates as compile dependency does not have any
interest: the pom only contains dependencyManagement but no dependency, then
it won't change anything on transitive resolution

> My apologies if I've misunderstood the issue.
it's not so easy to understand each other: and this discussion proves we mix
build features with resolution features for too much time
it's time to better define everything

Regards,

Hervé