maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Re: Git migration next steps
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 00:02:21 GMT
Le dimanche 31 décembre 2017, 00:04:59 CET Olivier Lamy a écrit :
> works fine (on my machine :-) )
> OSX + java 1.8.0_121
ok, I had a deeper look: the IT expects a warning that exists with Java 8
(missing @param) but not Java 7 (more permissive on documentation)
I added a serialwarn: this causes a warning in Java 7 also, then fixes the IT

There is no issue on my machine any more :)

> Well TBH I'm a bit lost with Jenkins result display....
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> c-plugin/job/master/
>
> what are all the open tasks links?
was supposed to be fixed after Jenkins plugin upgrade this week
@Stephen is this a known issue?

> I'm even more lost If I look at a build result
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> c-plugin/job/master/3/ changes are duplicated
> junit result says failure
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> c-plugin/job/master/3/testReport/ but looking at failed test result says
> passed
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> c-plugin/job/master/3/testReport/org.apache.maven.plugins.javadoc/JavadocRep
> ortTest/testJavadocResources/
>
> As I can understand all build logs (linux/windows with different jdks) are
> totally mixed up all together
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> c-plugin/job/master/3/consoleFull TBH it a really big pain to read!! I don't
> want to spend hours on that..... So after wasting a bit of time it looks
> the build is failing on windows only
it seems it's another completely unrelated issue to mine, which was related to
Java 7 not getting any warning on an IT that expected a warning

> [windows-jdk8] [WARNING] The following builds failed:[windows-jdk8]
> [WARNING] *  detectLinks\pom.xml
>

> [windows-jdk7] [WARNING] The following builds failed:
>
> [windows-jdk7] [WARNING] *  detectLinks\pom.xml
>

> Honestly the current jenkins result is complicated to use....
when the reseult is a passing build, it's perfect, but I confirm that when
there is a failure, it's a pain to understand where is the failure (which OS/
jdk, which test)
and eventually detect if there are false positives on some conditions...

@Stephen adding auto-deploy for master branch could make sense, isn't it?

> @herve do you have any logs regarding the build failing for you.
>
> On 30 December 2017 at 20:51, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:
> > merge done: can you check it's as you expected?
> >
> > notice that if you have failing IT on MJAVADOC-508 like I have locally,
> > it's
> > not the merge but it was already present before
> >
> > @Olivier: I don't know in which conditions you tested MJAVADOC-508, but it
> > is
> > failing for me: Linux+Java 7
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le jeudi 28 décembre 2017, 09:48:31 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > > on maven-javadoc-plugin: what about merging master2 branch into master,
> >
> > like
> >
> > > if it was a PR?
> > > In general, I don't like this way of doing PR merges (I prefer rebasing
> >
> > or
> >
> > > cherry picking, to avoid the merge commit and the parallel branches
> >
> > staying
> >
> > > for ever in the repo), but since this way of merging PRs is often used
> > > by
> > > the team, let's use this technique on the current case where it makes
> > > our
> > > life easier
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hervé

> [...]