maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 20:42:34 GMT
Would adding support for 2 new scopes be viable without changing the pom
model ( the DTD/XSD doesn't actually define the values so that should be
ok).

Specifically I'm thinking 'annotation' ( having annotationPaths on m-c-p
was a workaround, but kinda horrible in practice ), and maybe "module" for
the new module path?

On the topic of scopes, I'd love to see an _actual_ compile-time-only
scope, thats only at compilation.  I wonder, since the scope values are not
actually set in the DTD/XSDs, could the internals be altered to say a CSV
of scopes, with the default being "compile,test" which would cover current
behaviour - but if you specifically say "this is a compile only dependency"
then it literally is.

Mark

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree