maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:35:50 GMT
I would like to have SCM Hook from CI or SCM Agent. Maven 4 should run only
changed modules similar to "mvn -pl...".
If we get a list of changed files, the Eclipse compiler might be faster and
then only tests for changed classes will run.

Then I would like to have clean and site executed on entire multi-module
project and not on individual modules like it is nowadays. Now when you run
"clean install site site:stage", all are run on every individual module. So
when site fails, the slowest was site and blocked more important install.

We should maybe introduce a new structure for BOM.

Another problem I struggle is transitive dependencies and their conflict.
Should a framework expose transitive dependencies?
Should we introduce a new scope like "abstract" and force the dependent POM
fail in validation phase if transitive dependency from f/w does not present
in App?
App (POM) ---[dependency]---> f/w(POM) ---[dependency with
scope=abstract]---> T :: transitive dep.(POM)
*abstract would be similar to scope=provided but the App POM must list the
dependency T.
It is fail-fast validation with abstract and then you do not need to use
maven-enforcer-plugin.
The T dependency appears very close to the root of dependency tree and
there would not be a conflict.
The T may come from company's BOM.