maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:06:17 GMT
On Sun 12 Nov 2017 at 07:41, Chris Graham <chrisgwarp@gmail.com> wrote:

> required:
>  - *everything* in settings.xml can be put in a profile section in
> settings.xml.
>
> I often move around/between projects and having to redo mirrors section,
> and unable to add servers into the profile section for clarity is a pain.
>
> For me, it's just a matter of convienence.

So one of the issues with that is multiple Maven versions.

Once we change the settings schema, we either need to have two settings
files or we block older Maven versions sharing the settings file with newer
versions.

Now maybe for 4.0.0 we move to a ~/.m4 directory or ~/.maven

That could end up duplicating the local repo cache... unless we default the
cache to ~/.m2/repository anyway... otoh a concurrency safe local repo
cache may mandate a new location... but double the downloads for inter-op
with older Maven installs on the same machine seems not so good to me.

--
Sent from my phone