maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 18:49:05 GMT
On Sat 4 Nov 2017 at 17:52, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy@free.fr> wrote:

> Le samedi 4 novembre 2017, 18:34:14 CET Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
> > > And scripting is the path to the dark side of imperative builds... but
> > > proposals welcome
> >
> > This is true but this is also mandatory today. There is a small
> > alternative to that and I would be as happy if maven can do it:
> > support mojo from the reactor (ie having a project with this layout:
> > parent/[module1, my-maven-plugin]). If this works then no need of
> > scripting
> I like this idea

Yes, this is what we should aim for. It feels more “The Maven way” to me.

There would be limitations, namely you cannot use any CLI goals from the
plugin in your reactor CLI... but goal executions in downstream modules
within the same reactor should be fine... subject to the reactor parallel
execution graph restrictions, much like the restrictions we will need to
fix shade