maven-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Honton <c...@honton.org>
Subject Re: Reactor safe/rally points
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 01:47:58 GMT
Both these use cases sound like adding incredible complexity to support less than 1% situations,
and worse, encouraging monolithic builds.

In the first case, the module creating a shaded jar can mark its constituent jars as optional;
preventing the transitive dependencies.
In the second case, It would be better for the plugin be an independent build to encourage
re-use of that plugin.