maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Raynsford <org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com>
Subject Re: Any ETA for maven-javadoc-plugin 3.0.0?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2017 11:07:35 GMT
'Ello.

On 2017-11-11T14:40:16 +0100
"Robert Scholte" <rfscholte@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd hope to do a release this month. Not sure if it'll be a M2 or not,
> depends if all 3.0.0 prerequisites are met.

Right.

From what I can see, only MJAVADOC-475 is not really *critical* to the
release as it's just a new feature. The other two issues, MJAVADOC-457
and MJAVADOC-499, seem to be important. The former has been fixed, and
the latter appears to be leaning towards being rejected. I would really
appreciate an M2 release if MJAVADOC-475 is going to otherwise delay
3.0.0.

If there's anything I can do to assist, I'm available. Right now,
MJAVADOC-498 would appear to prevent the deployment of any modular
project to Maven Central: If module A in the project depends
on module B, then JavaDoc cannot be generated. This would necessitate
adding a temporary workaround that submits an empty javadoc jar to
Central (otherwise the Central ruleset rejects the deployment due to
missing JavaDoc). I have some 30-40 projects that are itching to be
deployed but can't be unless I add a workaround or build and deploy a
custom version of the plugin myself. I'd obviously prefer not to have
to do that.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com