maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2017 06:04:54 GMT
Le samedi 4 novembre 2017, 22:35:35 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2017 18:34:14 +0100, Romain Manni-Bucau
>
> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>:

> >> I have a worry for groovy with Java 9+
> >
> > Understand, here is the long version of that wish:
> >
> > 1. java -> groovy is very doable (compared to other language) so it is
> > the natural language for maven IMHO
> > 2. groovy will have to support Java 9 - to be honest I worry as much
> > for a plain java lib than for groovy so guess it is 1-1
> > 3. I'm happy to have a java scripting alternative (src/build/java)
> > which is not available outside the scope of a plugin (= no inherited
> > in compile or test scopes)
> >
> >> And scripting is the path to the dark side of imperative builds... but
> >> proposals welcome
> >
> > This is true but this is also mandatory today. There is a small
> > alternative to that and I would be as happy if maven can do it:
> > support mojo from the reactor (ie having a project with this layout:
> > parent/[module1, my-maven-plugin]). If this works then no need of
> > scripting
> > but today you must release the mojo before using it in your build
> > which imposes to use scripting.
>
> sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6118
> right?

no: MNG-6118 is about restrictions where a plugin mojo runs

here, it's about using a plugin *from the reactor*: sure, there is a
restriction because the plugin module has to be built first, to be available
for other modules consumption, but it's just a consequence of the need, not
really a goal per se (unlike MNG-6118)

Regards,

Hervé