maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Derricutt" <m...@talios.com>
Subject Re: Maven 4.0.0
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 04:08:13 GMT
On 12 Nov 2017, at 23:06, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> That could end up duplicating the local repo cache... unless we default the
> cache to ~/.m2/repository anyway... otoh a concurrency safe local repo
> cache may mandate a new location... but double the downloads for inter-op
> with older Maven installs on the same machine seems not so good to me.

If we're talking restructuring the local repo, I've long wanting to separate out locally "mvn
install"'d items from those downloaded, essentially this would keep ( for the most part )
local SNAPSHOTs separate from anything downloaded.

I guess what I really want there is a local releases/snaphshots repo separation, often it's
handy to just blow away all snapshots and rebuild into a known state.  It does make for more
complexity tho.

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is
the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash; Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt