maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-release-plugin and signing artifacts
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 19:40:53 GMT
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 22:05:22 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 04/08/17 10:55, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> Hi Karl Heinz,
>>  this can happen when the plugin configuration contains a fixed value
>> for arguments, i.e
>> <arguments>-Dkey=value</arguments>
>>  If you want arguments to be extended via commandline argument, you
>> need to do this:
>>  <arguments>-Dkey=value ${arguments}</arguments>
>>  <properties>
>>    <arguments/> <!-- default empty -->
>> </properties>
>
> Thanks for your explanations...
>
> So that means the configuration for the maven-release-plugin must be
> done before to support expanding the arguments like I expected..
>
> So on the other hand the maven-release-plugin documentation for the
> arguments property:
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html
>
> say only: "Additional arguments to pass to the Maven executions,
> separated by spaces.".
>
> So I have expected to simply set the arguments property and the
> additional parameters would have been added to the Maven invocation..
>
> So this looks like a documentation issue from my point of view...what do
> you think ?

This has nothing to do with the maven-release-plugin, this is how
parameter resolution works in general.
I think you've been fooled by plexus-utils release compared to asf, see:

https://github.com/apache/maven-pom/blob/trunk/asf/pom.xml#L89
https://github.com/apache/maven-pom/blob/trunk/asf/pom.xml#L212

Robert