maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject MINSTALL-134 -
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:48:48 GMT
Hi to all,

I have taken a deeper look into the issue to remove the installation of
checksums and move that to the deployment part...This means to remove
the configuration for checksum generation (plus the code) in the
maven-artifact-transfer component and furthermore changes in the
maven-install-plugin.

But I came across a thing which I don't understand at the moment...

If I dive into the code of maven-artifact-transfer I found something
like this (this is originally transfered from maven-install-plugin):

         Artifact artifact = project.getArtifact();
         String packaging = project.getPackaging();
         File pomFile = project.getFile();

         List<Artifact> attachedArtifacts = project.getAttachedArtifacts();

         // TODO: push into transformation
         boolean isPomArtifact = "pom".equals( packaging );

         ProjectArtifactMetadata metadata;

         if ( updateReleaseInfo )
         {
             artifact.setRelease( true );
         }

in particular the last part...setting artifact.setRelease(true) which If
i correctly understand is simply wrong, cause that would set the
information of the artifact being a release and not a SNAPSHOT ...

Taken also a look into maven-install-plugin which has a property:

     @Parameter( property = "updateReleaseInfo", defaultValue = "false" )
     protected boolean updateReleaseInfo;

which from my point of view does not make sense cause an release
identified by not ending with "-SNAPSHOT" of the version....

So this means to me that this code can be / or better must be removed ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINSTALL-134