maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Maven JIRA Projects - Issue Type
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:21:28 GMT
Hi,

based on the information I see currently the "default" issue types are
the following which does not contain "Question" and others...

* Bug
* Improvement
* New Feature
* Task
* Test
* Wish
* Sub-Task

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 18/08/17 21:14, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2017-08-18 um 20:59 schrieb Robert Scholte:
>> I like the idea of having our own scheme for all projects.
>> That will also give the option to remove types like "Question"; now
>> once used we're always asking them to use other ways to get an answer.
>> But it is an option, so it is kind of valid to use it.
>
> Fully support that (B). "Question" is just annoying.
>
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 20:52:55 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
>> <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I have realized that in MASSEMBLY it is possible to define an issue
>>> Type "Dependency Upgrade" which is very feasible for our projects...
>>>
>>> So I have asked INFRA[1] if we could have that for our other JIRA
>>> projects as well....So the now we can decide between three options:
>>>

>>> A) switch your other schemes to match MASSEMBLY - meaning in addition
>>> to getting 'Dependency Upgrade' you also get add additional 30+
>>> others you dont use.
>>>
>>> B) Create a Maven Issue Type Scheme, adding 'Dependency Upgrade' to
>>> the default.
>>>
>>> C) Nothing.
>>>

>>> So I would vote for option "B" ...The question is what do you think?
>>> Which options would you like to use in JIRA ?
>>>

>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>>
>>> More details in the issue.
>>>
>>> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14898

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579
Hauptstrasse 177
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de