maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@simpligility.com>
Subject Re: Silly Saturday idea - If Maven Central were a bunch of Git repos
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 21:25:09 GMT
If you would run Central on git like that in a centralized manner you would have to find someone
that does that hosting for you and you would have to get buy in from the community to use
that - both extremely hard or impossible.

And if you dont do that but instead go with the distributed system you end up with the registry
model that I think just doesnt really work in the real world.

manfred