maven-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Široký <siroky.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Surefire Plugin version 2.20
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 08:33:14 GMT
Hello,

I've tried with several projects and functionally, everything seems OK.

However, I noticed certain slowdown in case multiple forks are beings used
to run the tests. After some investigation, it seems one of the forked VMs
gets "stuck" for about 30s before it gets shutdown. So every surefire:test
or failsafe:test run results in 30s delay (if multiple forks were used).

I've created a simple reproducer -
https://github.com/psiroky/surefire-2_20-slowdown-reproducer . When running
"mvn clean test -s settings.xml" you can see the 30s waiting after the
tests were executed. The repo also contains thread dumps for both the main
Maven process and the surefire's ForkedBooter.

I am running on Fedora 25 + JDK 8u121. Tried with Maven 3.2.5 and the
staged 3.5.0.

Can someone confirm the above, or is just some quirk in my local env?

Thanks,
Petr