maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Unextractable" JAR files created by assembly:single on Linux
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:10:08 GMT
Am 2017-04-03 um 23:02 schrieb Robert Scholte:
> Hi,
>
> is there anybody who can verify/confirm this issue[1]? This would be a
> serious problem.

I can, see my message on the issue.

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-851
>
> ------- Forwarded message -------
> From: "Tom Wieczorek (JIRA)" <jira@apache.org>
> To: rfscholte@apache.org
> Cc:
> Subject: [jira] [Comment Edited] (MASSEMBLY-851) "Unextractable" JAR
> files created by assembly:single
> Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 22:50:41 +0200
>
>
>      [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-851?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15954147#comment-15954147
>
> ]
>
> Tom Wieczorek edited comment on MASSEMBLY-851 at 4/3/17 8:50 PM:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Okay, I enabled the three standard JDKs available on Travis:
>
> OpenJDK 7:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.7.0_75"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~precise1)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)
> {noformat}
>
> Oracle JDK 7:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.7.0_76"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_76-b13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.76-b04, mixed mode
> {noformat}
>
> Oracle JDK 8:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.8.0_31"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)
> {noformat}
>
> All three builds fail:
> https://travis-ci.org/twz123/broken-assembly/builds/218227846
>
>
>
> was (Author: tom@bibbu.net):
> Okay, I enabled the three standard JDKs available on Travis:
>
> OpenJDK 7:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.7.0_75"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~precise1)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)
> {nodormat}
>
> Oracle JDK 7:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.7.0_76"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_76-b13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.76-b04, mixed mode
> {nodormat}
>
> Oracle JDK 8:
> {noformat}
> java version "1.8.0_31"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)
> {nodormat}
>
> All three builds fail:
> https://travis-ci.org/twz123/broken-assembly/builds/218227846
>
>
>> "Unextractable" JAR files created by assembly:single
>> ----------------------------------------------------
>>
>>                 Key: MASSEMBLY-851
>>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-851
>>             Project: Maven Assembly Plugin
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>    Affects Versions: 3.0.0
>>         Environment: Apache Maven 3.3.9
>> (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T17:41:47+01:00)
>> Java version: 1.8.0_121, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>> Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
>> OS name: "linux", version: "4.8.0-41-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
>> "unix"
>>            Reporter: Tom Wieczorek
>>         Attachments: mvn.log
>>
>>
>> Under certain circumstances, {{assembly:single}} generates
>> "unextractable" JAR files, because of some directory entries in the
>> JAR file are not ending with a slash, hence they're treated as file
>> entries.
>> If such a JAR file is tried to be extracted via the {{jar}}
>> executable, an Exception is thrown and extraction is aborted:
>> {code}
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: META-INF/maven (Is a directory)
>>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
>>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
>>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)
>>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)
>>         at sun.tools.jar.Main.copy(Main.java:909)
>>         at sun.tools.jar.Main.extractFile(Main.java:1069)
>>         at sun.tools.jar.Main.extract(Main.java:981)
>>         at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:311)
>>         at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1288)
>> {code}
>> A [sample project|https://github.com/twz123/broken-assembly] is on
>> GitHub.
>
>
>
> --
> This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
> (v6.3.15#6346)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message