maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: What to do with the 6 issues left as 3.5.0-candidates?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 00:30:08 GMT
Am 03/24/17 um 23:28 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> Keep in mind that AIUI we aim to be BourneShell compatible in which case $(
> ) is not available

Thanks for pointing this out. Our launchers have this in the first line:

#!/bin/sh

/bin/sh should be a POSIX compatible shell. On the BSDs, OSX and Solaris
(IIRC) this is some kind of ksh. The man page on OpenBSD explicitly
states this:

This version of sh is actually ksh in disguise. As such, it also
supports the features described in ksh(1). This manual page describes
only the parts relevant to a POSIX compliant sh. If portability is a
concern, use only those features described in this page.

They provide different man pages for sh and ksh although /bin/sh is ksh.

http://man.openbsd.org/sh
http://man.openbsd.org/ksh

Can you provide a link to some BourneShell man page (a real one, not
bash)? We should fix the launchers in 3.5.0 once and for all.

Currently reading the "Shell & Utilities" volume from here:

<http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/>

This is what we should be compatible to. Did not find anything about
"readlink" in there so we should not be using it and find a compliant
solution.

Regards,
--
Christian