maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Recent issues found in Surefire master/Maven Clean Plugin 3.0.0 with Maven master
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 02:59:16 GMT
Am 02/20/17 um 01:10 schrieb Tibor Digana:
> I meant this build which is in good conditions
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Maven%20Master%20Release%20Status/job/maven-master-release-status-test-surefire-linux/30/console
>
> Can somebody explore what is different between these two surefire builds
> (failed and successful) and why?:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Maven%20Master%20Release%20Status/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-surefire/

Please see the attached patch. System.out and System.err do buffering
internally in Java. System.exit seems to not flush/close those streams
internally. I really think we just need to close System.in/System.err
manually everywhere before exiting to get the buffers flushed correctly.

Regards,
--
Christian