maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 3.5.0 alpha/beta's on Central
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:03:36 GMT
Even if we had a -1 as long as I have the binding votes *as release
manager* it would be my call whether to release or not.

Now *personally* I much rather release with consensus, but any committer
can step up to be release manager for any of our components, so I would
prefer if we can agree our current position (which we can agree to change
in the future if needed) and just run with that.

For me:

* alpha is also about saying "we are not closed to adding something else
before beta... but we will think hard on any proposed additions"

* beta is about saying "only important bug fixes... or really low risk bug
fixes after careful evaluation"

* RC is "last chance to find showstoppers only"... if no showstopper then
we drop and cut the release for real