maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Launcher script issues in 3.5.0.
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:30:29 GMT
Am 02/23/17 um 04:21 schrieb Igor Fedorenko:
> On all platforms .mvn/ search is expected to start with directory
> specified by -f parameter and keep doing "cd .." until it files .mvn/
> subdirectory or hits the filesystem root.

What if I put a .mvn directory at the file system root? Will that become
the default for everything when there is no other .mvn found before?

> The idea is to use .mvn/ subdirectory as a marker of multimodule project
> basedir. The build can be started from any submodule, but multimodule
> project basedir will be always the same.

That's how I understood it as well. If it does not stop anywhere but the
drive root, this will lead to invalid project base directories as soon
as someone adds a .mvn directory somewhere inappropriate. I am not using
that feature myself, so just wanted to be sure. The patch does not
change the logic in any way. Just makes it work for directory names like
"Spaces & Special Char". I'll merge it, if no one objects.

Regards,
--
Christian