maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/2] maven git commit: Merge branch 'MNG-5629'
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:48:29 GMT
if we do merge commits then

git log --first-parent

will give you the same simple history *and* let you look at the development
history...

of course then we have to do merge commits... (which is a different story)

And squashing only works if the commits you want to merge are from a single
author... if there are multiple authors we need to respect the authorship