maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Progress check for 3.5.0
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2017 17:24:52 GMT
Am 22.01.2017 um 18:14 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> Why are you needing to rebase constantly?
>
> Unless the merge has conflicts you should be fine pushing to master post
> merge... if there is a test failure post merge (due to an unanticipated
> interaction) we can just add the fix on top

If something changes on master, I'd need to pull those changes in, or I
cannot fast-forward push the branch to master. I have quite a few issues
updating the DefaultModelBuilder, for example. I created multiple
branches for those issues. Merging them one by one to master means I
need to rebase the other branches and resolve any conflicts. Having all
those related issues on a single branch would look similar to the
pre-reset-master branch with the only difference that commits are
squashed by issue. We are doing this to ease review. It would be way
easier here if I could create a single branch for all related issues.
Effort is growing exponentially using the RTC process with branches here.

Regards,
--
Christian