maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Question regarding repository overriding.
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 03:03:33 GMT
Am 12/15/16 um 01:09 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> I would have expected the nearest wins strategy as well, BTW. Seems to
> not make sense for the resolver to just ignore repository declarations
> matching an ID already discovered at another level.

Well. Makes perfect sense for the resolver to do it that way. It also is
consistent to the way dependency management is implemented.

POM (I am authoring)
 - dependency management I want to be applied
 - repositories I want to be used
 - dependencies to be resolved

When resolving the dependencies for that POM, I do not want any direct
or transitive dependency to alter *my* dependency management or *my*
repositories. I updated the core to match that logic. Should be correct.