maven-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Fedorenko <i...@ifedorenko.com>
Subject Re: Maven 3.4.0 Release
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 02:29:11 GMT
Why do you say Dependency A is transitive? Maven plugin directly depends
on Dependency A, so I expect it to be present on the plugin classpath.
This is consistent with how project direct optional dependencies are
always present on classpath.

Note that the project does not *depend* on the plugin. From dependency
resolution point of view, the plugin is standalone "top-level" entity at
the same level as the project.

--
Regards,
Igor