maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: [MNG-5761] Dependency management is not transitive.
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 02:06:53 GMT
When implementing parent version ranges, I also noticed MNG-5840. I did
not know what to do about it because there has been comments around
stating that the version is ingored intentionally somehow. I thought it
is intentional the local parent resolution is ignoring the version
element and did not change anything about it. The version ranges you
have been using, have been ignored completely. You could have left out
the version and your project would still work. Since MNG-5840 got fixed,
local parent resolution and external parent resolution behave exactly
the same.